Sunday, December 20, 2009

I Miss You Daddy

My father died on May 5, 2007.. so this is our 3rd Christmas without him. This year, it's hitting me really hard, even though last year was JellyBean's 1st Christmas (even though she was only 10 days old).

I think it's hitting me because this year Terry and I moved into our own house, and JellyBean is a ton more aware of things and has become so much fun. I know my father would have loved her.

And it doesn't help that a few days ago I found the last pictures taken of Daddy. They were taken in late April of 2007, before I went away to England for a week. I was in England the week that Daddy went into the hospital and never came out. He was really sick and none of us knew how bad it was. At least I made it home to be with him the night he died.

Here Daddy was modeling (he looks so impressed - doesn't he??) a laptop bag that I made for my husband.

Last Photos of Daddy

And here he is showing off the inside of the bag. Terry wanted something "fun and funky" so I put flames inside.
Last Photos of Daddy

Anyway - this is my sad post - Merry Christmas Daddy.. we all love you and miss you.

1 comment:

  1. Jenn,

    Parents are so important to us. And we never seem to catch up to that fact until it's too late, or too close to being too late.

    Here's a shoulder to lean on a moment or two and a hug for you!

    Keep smiling and your dad looks like he was an awful lot of fun!

    Merry Christmas, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete