Saturday, January 2, 2010

Started on my 2010 Coffee Quilt-A-Long

Yep. I did it. I cut into the coffee fabric that I've been hoarding for quite a few years.

There's this Flikr group, 2010 Tea/Coffee Quilt - A - Long that I joined because I needed to do something with the 10+ yards of coffee themed fabric that I've had for a minimum of 4 years and just keep adding to. I'm totally addicted to coffee, so I figured that this would give me a chance to actually make a quilt for me. I've only kept 1 large quilt out of all the tons I've made for me. I've only kept 2 mini quilts for myself too - so I figure I deserve one.

These are my blocks so far:
Churn Dash

Spinner

Square in a Square

Bar None - designed by Diane Harris, found in the 100 Quilt Blocks Magazine

WaterMill

And this one that I hate:
Hideous

I'll probably put that one on the back, just because it has my favorite fabric on it.

I know I'm only supposed to get 1 block a month done, but I'd like to have 24 blocks done by June, then quilt this baby up by September.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jenn,
    There some beautifull fabrics you got. And some nice bloks, is the first one with linen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    The first is actually made with a light brown speckled cotton fabric. It does look like linen in the photo, but it's 100% cotton quilting fabric.

    It's actually the light brown version of the grey in the Woodland Quilt fabrics for Bean - you can see that in this post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coffee blocks are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete