Saturday, September 19, 2009

Phew - I can show off!

On Flikr there's a swap group called Swap Till U Drop (STUD) and I participated in my first swap with them for September. I picked the theme Anything Goes and got my partner, quiltinlady21. We were partnered up on the 1st, and I mailed out my quilt on Monday the 14th! Quiltinlady21 mailed hers out to me on Friday the 11th, and I got mine on Saturday.

Here's what I got:
The absolutely gorgeous front:
Sept 09 - From quiltinlady21

And the back:
Sept 09 - From quiltinlady21


And this is the one that I sent out. I called it Autumn Moon. It was inspired by a free stained glass pattern I found online. It was the first time that I'd tried a machine applique and hand-quilting on something this small! I'm super duper proud of it (It was so hard to let it go, but I know it's in a great new home)
Autumn Moon

Close up of the machine applique and hand quilting:
Autumn Moon Close Up

And the back. I wanted the label to be creative, so I free hand drew the same pattern on the front for the label.
Back of Autumn Moon


And this one is going to be going to my Stitchers Angel. The theme is Roses, and I had some scraps of rose fabrics left, so I decided to make a mini quilt. It's teeny tiny - only 6" square. Super fun to make, I hope she likes it.
Teeny Tiny Mini - 6" square

And, I won a coin purse from this giveaway!
Giveaway - Ends 9 Sept
LeKaQuiltGiveaway

I'm now patiently waiting for it to arrive in the mail. Well, maybe not so patiently, but I am waiting. :)

1 comment: