Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Halfway There!

I've made considerable progress on JellyBean's quilt. I'm a little over halfway there with quilting the blocks - I've got 17 out of 30 done! :) Yay! Go me. :) I've still got no idea whatsoever for quilting in the border, I might have to bust out my stash of stencils for that.. but then again I really like the idea of quilting quotes from the book on 3 sides. her name is definitely going to be quilted on the top border of the quilt.

So yea, I'm working on it.

Project 1 Completed - Scrappy Christmas Blocks. Will post a photo later tonight.

WIPS:
JellyBean's Beatrix Potter Quilt (Goal - Finish before September 1)
King Size Irish Chain (Needs to be quilted, labeled and bound)

And of course (like I really need another swap - but this looks too good to pass up!) I found this one:
Friendship Bag Swap

And I really want to join it, but I'm not sure if I pre-made a bag if my partner would like it or not. I think I'd want to tailor the bag I make to my partners likes and dislikes. But I still want to join. I'll be able to know for certain if I can join in on the swap by Friday. Would anyone even like a tote made by me? I always feel super nervous when giving gifts to people, like they're not going to live up to an expectation.. anyone else feel that way?

No comments:

Post a Comment