Monday, August 10, 2009

Sewing Love.

So ya, I've got a request to make a king size quilt for Terry's best friend Andy and his fiancee Lisa. Andy and Lisa live in the UK and they'll probably be coming here to the US to visit us around Thanksgiving. Since I've been on a roll making Dresden Plates I'm thinking that I'd like to make one for Andy and Lisa. They go together pretty quickly and I like the way they look. Only hitch - Andy wants an all red quilt. But I think I'll have to add some other color.. or my eyes will go nuts.

I'm making slow progress on a few other quilty gifts in the works. I'll edit this post later with some of what I've made today. I decided that I'm going to make my grandmother a quilted eyeglass case and a quilted bookmark for Christmas. You can never have too many bookmarks! And maybe a nice little fabric basket with some ribbons. I love ribbon.

And I found a giveaway on another blog. You've got to check it out. Come on, you know you want to - I wouldnt' show off anything that's not gorgeous, now would I? Go check out this awesome wall-hanging. It's a giveaway - so go and leave a comment, and maybe you'll win it. It's made by Sipiweske Quilt Designs, and I'm really hoping that I win it. Terry and I just moved into our house less than 2 months ago, and the walls are still bare - I've got just the spot for it! *crossing my fingers that I win it*
Sipiweske Quilt Designs - go here and leave a comment for her.

And remember, there's still a few days left to get in on my giveaway - just leave a comment and you just might win.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe add some black and white. It looks great with red. A little bit here and there will help an all-red quilt not to hurt your eyes. And will add some interest as well. I have been toying with the idea of an mostly red quilt...just haven't found material yet that interested me. Post pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made an all red quilt for my FIL. As long as you choose lots of different shades/prints it should work out. I did add a touch of purple though here and there.
    Andy's not a soccer fan is he. They normally want quilts in their teams colours, red being Liverpool or Manchester Utd. I know this as my hubby is a Liverpool fan and he wants a red quilt awell.

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete